Final Compilation and Reflection

5 April 2019 - 5 July 2019 (week 01-week 14)
Soo Wen Yi (0334653)
Typography _

Final Compilation and Reflection

INSTRUCTIONS_



SUBMISSIONS_

Exercises

Fig. 1.1: Final digitised design for introverted.



Fig. 1.2: Lettering, GIF (introverted).

Fig. 1.3: Type Expression, 6 verbs.


Fig. 1.4: Type Expression, GIF.



Project 1 - Text Formatting and Expression

Fig. 2.1: Final Layout.


Embedded PDF of final layout.



Project 2 - Font Design

Fig. 3.1: Final 15 letters.


Fig. 3.2: Final Composition.


Embedded PDF of final composition.



Final Project - Expression, Hierarchy and Composition

Fig. 4.1: Final outcome.

Embedded PDF of final outcome.

Fig. 4.2: Final outcome, GIF.



REFLECTION_

EXPERIENCES
Overall this was quite a stressful class as I don't have much knowledge for layouts to begin with since I don't usually read magazines and don't pay as much attention to typography designs in my day to day life. At the start of this module I was basically clueless, I went into this module with little knowledge about typography. But now I've grown to acknowledge, appreciate and be thankful for the reasons why Mr Vinod and Mr Shamsul push us so hard through this module. 

OBSERVATION
I've become more aware of how much work went into each typeface, design and layout/composition. Although I have handled my stress and frustration quite well, I also realised while working on the last project that I can't work properly if I'm pressuring myself to be so stressed, it made me realised that I should calm down at times like that. Getting positive feedbacks from the lecturers is also a big motivator through out this module, especially after getting negative feedback or rejected ideas.

FINDINGS
I've learnt a lot and gained a lot of new knowledge from this module by keeping an open mind, being accepting to new ways of working and solving new problems. As I have managed my time well throughout the semester, getting my blog updated weekly wasn't a problem since I've learnt from my past mistake of leaving updating my blog towards the end in foundation. This also taught me that consistently updating my progress makes me more productive, which is also useful in other modules. 

Comments

Popular Posts