Project 2

 


2 Nov 2020 - 16 Nov 2020 (week 11- week 13)
Soo Wen Yi (0334653)
Advance Animation _


INSTRUCTIONS_




PROJECT 2_

Week 11
2 Nov 2020

From here on I refined the animation according to Mr Kannan's feedbacks. Here is draft 2 animation.


I ran into a problem while plugging in the texture for the head as seen below, the model became kind of see through, but after searching the internet I resolved it without having to ask Mr Kannan.

Fig. 1.1: model's face texture made it kind of see through

Fig. 1.2: texture plugged in in hyper shade


Week 12
9 Nov 2020

Again after getting feedback from Mr Kannan this week, I fixed and continue refining the animation. Here is the draft 3 animation.



Week 13
16 Nov 2020

Here is draft 4 animation after refining the animation and camera after feedback.


 


FEEDBACK_


Week 12
9 Nov 2020
The animation is there, scene 1 camera transition is a little choppy. The character's right arm's elbow should be up at the start. The left arm should go up a little more before it comes down. In scene 2, when the character scream, lift the body up so the character is tip toeing. In scene 3, the chest can be twisted a little more and have better gesture line. Think about what I want to do for the background. 
 
Week 13
16 Nov 2020
Its already there, some of the actions are popping. 0:04 remove the anticipation. Remove 0:17 camera. 0:18 bring the hand down more to the chest. 0:22 remove the slight zoom. 0:24 can move the chest a little bit, don't move the camera in and out here. In the end there's too many camera angles. At the end can move the character's chest or torso a little.



REFLECTION_

EXPERIENCES
Week 11
Only managed to refine 3 scenes for this week so I hope to finish all so they're all in the same level of refinement as I progress each week.

Week 12
I have nothing much to say for this week, just worked on refining the animation based on feedbacks.

Week 13
After getting feedback on the animation popping I realised I have not checked and adjusted the animation graphs so I have to always remember to check and fix the graph.
OBSERVATIONS
Week 11
some of the parts like where the camera follows the character getting up is a little weird but I don't know how to make it look nice matching the speed between the character and camera.
 
Week 12
I realised most of my character motion is quiet constrained and I should exaggerate some movements to make it more expressive.

Week 13
So far I had not had much problem with Maya which is good since I faced a lot of problems in 3D modeling last semester with Maya.
FINDINGS
Week 11
New semester with Maya come with new problems, but google always help me with the issues I face. Mr Kanna also tries his best to help us with our problems.
 
Week 12
I couldn't spend as much time as I had hoped to work on this project this week since it's getting a bit busy with the other modules.

Week 13
Since it is nearing the end to final project, there's only minor tweaks that I can do for now before finalising the shots.



Comments

Popular Posts