Project 3



24 Sept 2020 - 8 Oct 2020(week 05-week 07)
Soo Wen Yi (0334653)
Motion Graphics and Compositing _


INSTRUCTIONS_




PROJECT 3_

Week 09
22 Oct 2020

We are to make a channel identity, I decided to continue from project 2 which used Spotify since it will be easier and it has a clear look.




Week 10
29 Oct 2020

Its a public holiday today so I finished up the 1st draft of the channel identity.



Week 11
3 Nov 2020

After getting feedback from Mr Fauzi, I made the amendments and here's the final channel identity.





FEEDBACK_


Week 11
3 Nov 2020
It matched with the beat so it is good, the kerning between o and 1 when 2008 changes to 2010 is too wide have to made manual adjustments to that. When the headphones are pulsing its currently coming out from the top, make it so its coming from the over the ear parts, more realistic. "everyone" make sure it is centered. "no credit card needed" the line needs to be on the center of the sentence.
 

REFLECTION_

EXPERIENCES
Week 09
I'm looking forward to working on this project since Spotify has a clear brand look and I did my research for last project.
 
Week 10
I'm quite happy with my draft and its very satisfying that some of the motion and transitions happens on beat.

Week 11
I'm satisfied with the final outcome of the video.
OBSERVATIONS
Week 09
It easy to transition from the last project to this as I already have a clear direction of the look and feel of Spotify.
 
Week 10
I applied 3D function to the albums and podcasts art and tilted them a bit to add interest and also fit the look of past Spotify references.
 
Week 11
I didn't notice the kerning issues while animating and only found out when pointed out during feedback.
FINDINGS
Week 09
This time around I looked for a background music before I started to do the storyboard, and listened to the music while doing the storyboard which helped me generate ideas for the motion.

Week 10
Animating the transitions and motions according to the right beat is very satisfying to watch.
 
Week 11
I didn't have much problem while doing this project and actually enjoyed making it.
 


Comments

Popular Posts