Project 2

 

 

24 Sept 2020 - 8 Oct 2020(week 05-week 07)
Soo Wen Yi (0334653)
Motion Graphics and Compositing _


INSTRUCTIONS_




PROJECT 2_

Week 05
24 Sept 2020

We are to do an exercise before we start project 2. We are provided with images that we have to make a collage out of and animate it for an Instagram story. Here is the composition that I made.
Fig. 1.1: final collage composition

 Here is the animated collage.



Week 06
1 Oct 2020

For project 2 we are to make a channel bumper for any channel or brand of our choice. It took me quite a long time to think of a brand to use but I decided on doing a channel bumper for Spotify since they rarely do video advertisements.


 

Week 07
8 Oct 2020

After getting approval on the idea and storyboard I started with doing the vectors in illustrator for the logo.

Fig. 2.1: process of adjusting the typeface to match the logo

Fig. 2.2: vectors and colour scheme that will be used

Fig. 2.3: process of animating

Fig. 2.4: process of animating

Here is the first pass of the channel bumper (music is muted).


Here is the final channel bumper for Spotify.



FEEDBACK_


Week 06
1 Oct 2020
no feedback
 

REFLECTION_

EXPERIENCES
Week 05
Prior to starting my collage, I looked at some examples of collage that I liked on pinterest and also those that are on my Instagram story. I wanted to go with a scrapbook kind of collage so its more simple and the main images remains untouched with accent pieces of patterned paper.
 
Week 06
It took me longer than I expected to choose a brand to do the channel bumper for, I was very indecisive about it. But I'm glad to do Spotify as their billboard advertisements are always simple, colourful and eye catching and I though that would aid me with a clear art direction.

Week 07
It was fun doing the animation, I don't have as much graphic elements so that definitely made it mode simple.
OBSERVATIONS
Week 05
I tried to draw the attention to the lady in yellow sweater by turning down the saturation of that picture except for yellow and also using lines to draw the eyes towards it.
 
Week 06
I'm quite excited about this project since there is a clear direction of how I want to execute it. 
 
Week 07
I did not completely follow the storyboard for some of the transitions as I found another way that looked better while animating.
FINDINGS
Week 05
I'm scared that this might not be what is expected but I wanted to do something that I liked and that I could see myself posting as an Instagram story.

Week 06
It took a bit of time for me to think about the transitions between each scene to ensure a smooth flow and transition.
 
Week 07
It helped me when I precomposed the scenes which is easier for me to organise my timeline and making adjustments.
 


Comments

Popular Posts