Final Project


25 June 2019 -(week 13 - week 15)
Soo Wen Yi (0334653)
Design Principles _ Final Project



INSTRUCTIONS_




FINAL PROJECT_

Week 13
For the final project we are allowed to use any media that we want. To simply put it, we are to look for inspiration from billboards. It can be inspired by the message on the billboard, visuals on the billboard or anything that inspire the idea to our final piece. I wanted to use traditional media for this final project as I wanted to create a more 3D piece of work. 

I wanted to focus on digital billboards, from my experience some digital billboards especially at night are so bright that it hurts my eyes. I always wondered how the drivers on the road deal with the brightness of the billboards. Here are some photos I took while going around in KL.

I wanted to show how our eyes are at risk because of these digital billboards, in a way I can say its blinded by the digital world. I started out with some sketches (sadly I forgot to take a photo of the sketches), then after I decided I started with lining each the elements separately to create the layers.


After I finished lining all the elements/layers, I coloured them with water colour. 


I also made sure that the edges of the papers are painted black with a black marker, so it blends in with the black outlines. 


Before sticking the layers down, I made some adjustments to the composition for it to look more balanced. 


Then I proceeded to make the light leaks with strips of paper and coloured it yellow since its a bright colour. Then I used a silver marker to outline the strips of paper since silver is quite blinding if shined with light, further emphasise on the blinding point. I also drew lines on the black paper to fill in the blank spaces. After everthing was done, I assembled them with double sided tapes and foam sheets.



And here's the final piece and some close up photos. This piece uses lines, direction, perspective, depth, contrasts, sizes. The red streaks are bloods as the brightness in a way gauge out the eyes that's why there's so many eyeballs floating around the person. This shows that a lot of people are blinded by the digital world, they loose the purpose of their eyes to look at the nature. 







Comments

Popular Posts