Final Project

 



13 Nov 2020 - 27 Nov 2020 (week 12-week 14)
Soo Wen Yi (0334653)
Sonic Design _



INSTRUCTIONS_




FINAL PROJECT_

Week 12
13 Nov 2020

For the final project, we have to choose from a small list of silent film videos and record sound effects, voice over and background music for the chosen video. I chose to use the camera man and started with blocking the given audio storyboard template out first.

 


Week 13
20 Nov 2020

Here is the first draft.

 


Week 14
27 Nov 2020

This is a partially done sound effects, there are still some sound missing which i have to record but for this week I moved on to record the dialogue as well as the background music on bandlab. Here is the draft with sound effects only.


Here is the draft with sound effects and dialogue.


And lastly here is the draft with sound effects, dialogue and background music. 



And Here is the final outcome of the final project.



 

FEEDBACK_


Week 13
20 Nov 2020
The foot steps sounds very heavy, make it so it has less bass. When hitting on the container, have to include the hit on glass sound not just the coins rattling. The bed should have metal components with squeaky sound when it falls.
 
Week 14
27 Nov 2020
There's still a little too much bass for the foot steps.
Hammer hitting on container sound is not prominent enough. The bed still needs a bigger sound when it falls. The wall material needs a bit more work, the debris falling down need to have a sound. Wall hitting needs to have more impact.
 

REFLECTION_

EXPERIENCES
Week 13
After finishing the sound effects, I did the background music in bandlab but I'm bad at making tunes so I couldn't make anything that sounds as nice as I hope.
 
Week 14
I did had fun with this project, just wished that I was at my dorm so I can freely record the sound effects any time I want and how loud as I want.
OBSERVATIONS
Week 13
I searched around the house and tried making sound with them before recording so I know what I can use for the sound effects that I need.

Week 14
Some of the sound effect sounds different when I listen it after recording so that's a challenge to try to record with other objects to get the desired sound in the recording. 
FINDINGS
Week 13
The audio storyboard do help out a lot for planning what are the sound effects I would need to record and I can imagine it being very useful if there is a lot of sound effects needed.
 
Week 14
I might not been able to record some sound as loud as I had hope since I record at midnight and I don't want to wake my family up.


Comments

Popular Posts