Exercise


 
28 Aug 2020 - 4 Sept  2020(week 01-week 02)
Soo Wen Yi (0334653)
Sonic Design _



LECTURES_

Lecture 01_
28 Aug 2020(week 01)
Today we are briefed by Mr Razif about the module and the projects. 

Lecture 02_
4 Sept 2020(week 02)
We had a recording studio tour today while I was the only one in person with Mr Razif, I helped him to show the studio around for my classmates online while he explains. Here are some notes that I quickly noted down when we finished the studio tour. There's 2 types of material on the walls. Sponges and soft material allows absorption while hard angled wood pieces allows reflection. There's also 2 types of mics: Dynamic which is usually used for MC and singing, and Condenser is used for voice recording and it is also more sensitive. The screen at is in front of the mic is called pop filter, it blocks air when you speak.



INSTRUCTIONS_




EXERCISES_

Week 01
28 Aug 2020
We are to do the EQ exercise that we did back in video and sound production, to get us started and reminded of the functions of adobe audition and the parametric equalizer. We are to match 4 audio to an original audio.


Fig. 1.1: EQ 1

Fig. 1.2: EQ 2

Fig. 1.3: EQ 3

Fig. 1.4: EQ 4


Week 02
4 Sept 2020
For this week, we are to choose 1 sample script provided and record the commercial using what we have for example our phones. I chose to do the Event Planning commercial. I did one recording on my phone without blanket over me and one with a blanket over myself while recording. I actually could not hear the difference it makes, this is probably due to my blanket not being very thick.

This is recorded on my phone with no blanket over me.


This is recorded on my phone with a blanket over me.


Week 04
18 Sept 2020
We did this exercise during class, we are given 2 images and we have to make a environmental sound according to each of the image.

 1st environment


 

2nd environment



FEEDBACK_


Week 03
11 Sept 2020
The voice recording is good and clear.

Week 04
18 Sept 2020
1st environment sound: its not bad, the footsteps on the metal is not that audible but its ok. 2nd environment sound: its ok, can add more electronic sounds and since there are soldiers, maybe add subtle footsteps or weapon sounds. 
 

REFLECTION_

EXPERIENCES
Week 01
There's nothing much that happened today but I'm glad to see Mr Razif again and also excited to start this module.
 
Week 02
It was interesting going through the recording studio on campus, wished my classmates could've experienced it in person.
OBSERVATIONS
Week 01
I was the only one attending in person class XD
 
Week 02
The studio is really quiet and I usually cannot stand being in a super quiet room for a long time since I'm not use to there being no background noise.
FINDINGS
Week 01
I had forgotten some of the steps in using adobe audition so I had to look back at my blog from past semester to refresh my knowledge.
 
Week 02
I thought there only needs to be soft materials on the wall in a recording studio but it turns out hard surfaces are also needed to reflect the sound.
 


Comments

Popular Posts