Project 2



1 June 2020 -  26 July 2020 (week 08- week 15)
Soo Wen Yi (0334653)
Film Studies and Cinematography _


INSTRUCTIONS_





PROJECT 2_

We were taught script format and what to include in a pitch bible. We had to write our script in proper format. We continued to discuss and fix the script in the following weeks. Aside from that we did character designs and selected 2 world designs to do for the pitch bible.





We also did thumbnail sketches before doing our storyboard.




After the thumbnails are approved, we worked on completing the storyboard in the subsequent weeks with weekly progression checks. Here is the completed pitch bible for my story "In Between" that includes the synopsis, characters, world designs, script and storyboards. 








FEEDBACK_

Week 10
15 June 2020
Thumbnails:
When presenting, should focus more on the main character's feelings as this is her story and from her point of view. Have similar shot when they first reach the apartment and in act 3 where they go back to the apartment. Dish washing and dish smashing scenes are too long, combine them. Sophia's feelings are more important than anything else, she has b=to be suspicious of X.

Week 13
7 July 2020
Add a scene to see what is in the bag, and 2 regular scenes with only sophia and mother.

Week 14
13 July 2020
Restaurant scene will start with mcu on Sophia with X speaking off screen. Don't need the car driving away, show them walking towards the camera, switch the last 2 frames of the scene. She needs to search in the dark first before seeing her mother. Add more frames of shadow over shoulder and sophia's face to create tension. Keep in mind we can somehow control how the viewers will feel.


REFLECTION_

EXPERIENCES
Overall
I decided to write the reflection in overall as this project took a long time to complete. For the characters art style, I wanted to draw in my style but some how I simplified it to be more cartoony style with clean lines so I stuck with that since I didn't want to waste time on perfecting the style for the characters. For the script, it was a learning curve since the writing style and format is new to me, but thankfully I understand what is necessary to write in the script. Drawing the storyboard took a lot of time as I have kind of expected from the amount of drawings I did for the thumbnails, this resulted in not the best and cleanest drawings that I've done.

OBSERVATIONS
Overall
From the thumbnails to the storyboard, every week's consultation with my progress on my storyboard, there's always something that can be changed/ need to change/add. Towards the end of the storyboard I did not want to waste more time as time is running out, my drawings got messier compared to the beginning of the storyboard.
FINDINGS
Overall
This project made me realised that storyboard are not always set in place as it can be altered each time you review it. I also learned how animation shows are pitched and what to include in the pitch bible, I also got to see a pitch bible from an animation short that I liked called "The Summoning", so that was interesting to see what went into the creating the story and learn more about the characters.
 




Comments

Popular Posts