Final Project



1 June 2020 -  26 July 2020 (week 08- week 15)
Soo Wen Yi (0334653)
Film Studies and Cinematography _


INSTRUCTIONS_





FINAL PROJECT_

After finishing the storyboard, I moved on to finishing the animatics. There wasn't enough time for me to do simple shading on my drawings since there's more than 100 drawings and I still had to compile and edit. So I exported all the drawings and put into after effects to edit and compile.Then I moved to premiere pro to add in sound and I also quickly recorded my own voice for the dialogues with my earphones. 


Fig. 1.1: screenshot of progress after recording voice over

 Here is the final animatics.




REFLECTION_

EXPERIENCES
Overall
I thought completing this animatics would lead me to liking it more since I lost the interest in the story a few weeks ago as assignments are stacked up with other modules, but upon completion I did not think much of this animatics since I know its not the best work that I can do. It was also my first time in doing a voice over recording and that was no fun since I had to turn off my fan as it was too loud and the earphones mic picked it up while I was recording.

OBSERVATIONS
Overall
This animatics is rushed and I only realised this pace of the animatics is going a bit too fast while halfway doing my sound effects, since I compiled the drawings in after effects there was no reference to audio and it all came out a bit too fast paced so that is entirely my fault.
Some of the drawings are a bit pixelated since I forgot to make it into a smart object before resizing it multiple time causing it to loose resolution.
FINDINGS
Overall
I realised I lost interest in the story as weeks gone by as I'm not attached to the story anymore and it is sad but it is what it is. I definitely know that I can do better than this final product but in the amount of the given time frame I seemed to have failed myself for not producing the best work.
 


Comments

Popular Posts